The process of applying and being approved for disability benefits is not simple. Unfortunately, many of those who apply for benefits are denied because the SSA believes there is some type of job they are still able to perform. As your disability lawyers in North & South Carolina, we have compiled a list of tips to help you improve your chances of winning SSDI or SSI benefits.
- Talk To Your Physician: If your physician is not going to support your disability case, chances are you won’t be approved for benefits. Talk to your doctor and have them fill out a complete detailed statement as to why you are disabled and unable to work.
- Medical Records: Medical records are crucial to your Social Security disability benefits case. Submit copies of your medical records including the most recent updates each time you apply and appeal.
- Keep Tabs On Your Application: Keep tabs on the status of your disability claim. If you are working with disability lawyers in Greensboro do not hesitate to call and discuss what is going on in your claim. It is important that you are abreast of your disability claim so that you do not miss any deadlines.
- Cooperate Fully With Examiner: Your cooperation with the disability claim examiner working on your case is important. This will include responding promptly to letters and notices, as well as going to all consultative medical exams.
- Hire An Attorney: The most important thing to do to increase your chances of success when applying for benefits is to hire disability lawyers in North & South Carolina. An attorney will help you obtain the proper paperwork, speak with your doctor, and help alleviate any stress and confusion surrounding your case. An attorney can also help with the appeals process, it is never too late.
Looking for disability lawyers in North & South Carolina? Call Chad Brown Law today at (336) 546-5066.